Hi, I’m Accent Coach Bianca
“Where are you from?”
I always hated getting that question when I lived abroad.
Even if the person asking it meant well, it triggered me and made me feel like an outsider.
In French, Spanish, and Arabic, my accent still gives me away, even when all I wanted to do is blend in. I don’t want the first topic of conversation to always be about where I come from. I want to really connect, communicate, work, and make friends.
That and one unique thing about me drove me to start my Accent Coaching Business.
Back in university, I learned that I’m deaf in one ear and I have Auditory Processing Disorder, or APD. That combination made me change the way I use and teach language and eventually led me to accent coaching. Now when I work with my students, I can use my weaknesses in hearing to help them become better speakers.
Here’s how my unique hearing helps you learn:
1. I hear by reading lips, so I have a lot of insight into articulation and how you shape your words.
2. Pronunciation is everything to me, so I pick on those tiny alterations and mispronunciations in my clients faster and more often.
3. Repetition helps you practice and helps me hear you, so we both benefit
4. My bad hearing means I’m an avid note-taker, so I never have a session without tons of notes for my reference and yours.
5. I am exceptionally sensitive to outside noises, so our sessions will always be held in private, quiet spaces and online to free us from distractions.
6. English pronunciation is tricky, so I teach you writing, reading, listening, and speaking so you can feel confident you always have it right.
7. It’s always my goal to focus on your voice, so I keep class sizes small so that I can give you as much attention as possible.
8. I do everything I can on my end to make sure I catch every variation in your voice. That means I use the best equipment possible so you get the most value out of every session.
I break down accent acquisition into achievable steps to help you MASTER the accent you want!